CCAP PRECINCT (also known as Precinx) IS STRATEGIC URBAN DESIGN software USED TO PREDICT THE ENVIRONMENTAL, ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL IMPACTS OF RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL AND MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENTS.
City planners and developers are under increasing pressure to adopt a more strategic, evidence based approach to assessing the physical, environmental and social implications of their development decisions.
Built in partnership with public and private developers and utilities, CCAP Precinct (also known as PRECINX) provides this evidence base by assessing the performance of precincts against quantifiable metrics.
Drawing on comprehensive local data sources including climate and utility data, it links urban design with environmental metrics to calculate the performance of a development across transport and land–use, embodied energy, operational energy, water and stormwater, housing affordability, capital and recurrent costs and household operating costs.
- Perform complex calculations in a fraction of the time such assessments would normally require.
- Compare design scenarios to a reference scenario using local, metropolitan or state averages.
- Assess a full scope demand and supply side energy, water and transport technologies alongside urban and building design parameters.
- Communicate outcomes using standard quantifiable metrics including; greenhouse gases (tonnes CO2e/year), ADMD (kW/dwelling), potable water (kL/year), transport use (km/day), capital and recurrent costs and household operating costs ($/year).
- Report key components required for NABERS, Green Star Communities and EnviroDevelopment.
USED BY ALL GOVERNMENT LAND-USE ORGANISATIONS AND SOME OF AUSTRALIA'S LARGEST DEVELOPERS & UTILITIES.
Paramatta Road Urban Renewal Program - UrbanGrowth NSW:
"[CCAP Precinct] has been a game changer for us. It’s bought us an evidence base to our strategic planning that we previously didn't have. We now have far better insight into what our future goals can be and what we need to achieve them."
Stephen Driscoll, Development Director, UrbanGrowth NSW
"CCAP Precinct is allowing us to work closely with the development industry to deliver smart ADMD outcomes that may reduce future infrastructure expenditure and save households money. We now have a mechanism that bridges communications between our network business and customers and may be used in future to analyse, plan and deliver more efficient infrastructure in new developments."
Heidi Eisel, Product Manager, Ergon Energy